Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This is How We Dream

How do we dream
Dr. Miller who is very different from myself , when it comes to books, starts off by telling us about his love for books and how books were always available to him. While myself on the other hand hates to read and I don't do it very often, I think it is boring, but maybe I feel that way is because through out school I was made to read books that I didn't really want or enjoy reading. He shows how once a book is out of print it is no longer available to us anymore, through technology the book will always be available to anyone who wants to read it.

He shows us how so much information is available to us without having to step foot into a library. The best thing about it is that the information is sometimes available as it happens or soon after the event has passed. We are most defiantly moving from a reading, writing culture to a listing, watching culture. Everywhere you turn there is somebody with something stuck in there ears walking or jogging or riding looking like robots.

Multimedia is very important and everyday I am amazed by something new in technology. Now you can become best friends online without actually seeing that person in real life but via web cam. I think have to learn how to use multimedia to keep the interest of student now because it is such a big part of how students learn today. Students are always using different types of media at home so when they come to school they want to use different kinds of media, and I think if we cant provide it in the classroom we are going to have a hard time keeping students attention.
Check this video out for yourself at http://techliterateteacher.blogspot.com/2009/07/dr-richard-e-miller-discusses-writing.html

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is now a multimedia culture and we have to teach that way!

    ReplyDelete