Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Networked Student

The Networked Student
The networked student was a interesting video and I learned a new from it called connectivism. Connectivism was a very interesting concept that I have never really heard of. I think it would be great for a class like the one I am in. It is basically what my professor is trying to teach us. By expanding our personal learning network it will help us get closer to connectivism.

The teacher who is thinking about introducing this concept to her middle school classroom in the fall I think is on the right track. They may not be where she wants them to be when the class is over, but if done right they will have learned something from the class that will make them want to know more. The student has to be willing and ready to learn this new concept of connectivism for it to work because the student does most of the work with this concept.

When the question was asked why does the networked student even need a teacher I was thinking the same thing. To me it seemed like the only role the teacher could play was to guide the student but the teacher can be so much more than that. The teacher can be a learning architect, modeler, network sherpa, synthesizer and so much more. I don't think I am quite ready to be a teacher of a networked student but I most defiantly think that I am on my way.
Check out this video at http://is.gd/2cgBb

2 comments:

  1. Good. Keep working on it. We need all the networked steachers and students we can find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One key thing that caught my eye..."if done right they will have learned something from the class that will make them want to know more." That should be the goal of every teacher, not just the technological teacher.

    ReplyDelete