Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Reaction to Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

After watching this video it does pretty much describe my college life in a nutshell. I enjoyed watching the video I found it very interesting. I found it interesting how they didn't say anything throughout the video and just used sheets of paper with words on them. I think that help keeps the attention of the watcher it made me wonder what are they going to hold up next. If they would have talked i could have simply opened up another web page and listened but they made you watch the video by not talking.

There are people entering college not knowing what they are in store for. They think it will be like what they see on television, hanging with their friends, going to parties, and not going to class, but then they get here and its totally different. I think watching a video like this will help capture a small part of college for students who have not entered yet. You do buy books that you don't use, you do sit in classroom and learn information that is totally useless, and you do have more stuff thrown at you than you can handle, but I guess thats just the way it goes.

1 comment: