Monday, November 30, 2009

Posting Work on the Web

It is important for students to post their own work on blogs and also for teachers to post their own students work on blogs because, you never know who may run across your work. For example the choir from PS 22 had the song writer to run across their work on the Internet and they got to perform the song in Madison Square Garden. I'm sure without the work being posted on the net they may have never gotten that opportunity or at least would not have been recognized so quickly. Check out the video at http://is.gd/3WVnqb the children singing sound amazing and you can tell from watching they enjoy singing the song.


Another example of you never may know who will see your work is the Dear Kaia blog http://is.gd/3WSsn some students seen her blog and decided to read her stories on a web cam and communicate with her. I'm sure when they posted her on the net they probably had no intentions of someone contacting them back. Even myself left a comment to Kaia and her father.




Comments for kids is another great example of why you should post your work to your blog. Through comments for kids me and my classroom communicated with other student outside of America. It felt like we had the chance to visit a foreign country with out having to leave our seats. The students sung our class a song and or class sung one back to them even though we were a little shy about it. You can check out the school website here at http://www.ptengland.school.nz/.






Another great example of posting your blogs to the Internet is you get to share your own ideas with others and you may never know what others may think until they see your work. For example my co-workers say they were playing around on google and ran across my professional blog and they said from reading my professional blog if they were a principle they would hire me just from reading what they saw on the Internet. Just from reading my professional blog they seen how I really feel about teaching and thought that I would make a excellent teacher one day.

Check out my blog at http://rosecpb.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. It also gives the students such a huge voice and exposure around the world. We skyped with WmChamberlain Class in Missouri last week and our kids were amazed 1) it was Friday morning in New Zealand 2) Thursday afternoon in the USA. Our students also thought that the students spoke 'funny'.

    ReplyDelete