Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mr. Winkle Wakes

Mr Winkle Wakes by Matthew Neddleman was a interesting video after watching it I thought to myself about how things around have changed so much and then how schools for the most parts really haven't changed. At first I didn't know whether to think if it was bad or good that school hasn't changed much. But then I thought a little while longer and said schools need to change with the rest of the world. How can we sit in classrooms and teach students outdated material and expect it to prepare them for the real world.
I feel like it must start at the top of the school system if we expect change. We cant expect to teachers to teach students new material if they don't have the resources to teach students new material. A lot of teachers don't have money to buy a computer for the classroom. I think people expect to much of teachers these days especially some parents. Yes there are some schools with computer at every desk and some with top of the line projectors and chalkboards but usually those schools are private or some kind of magnet school which most parents cant afford. This was a very good video by Matthew Neddleman that I found very interesting.
To view this video click on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm1sCsl2MQY.

1 comment: